Sunday, January 6, 2008


"How little do we know that which we are!
How less what we may be!"

- Lord Bryon, Don Juan

So, here's the deal with the picture. I took it to show my swollen lymph nodes in my neck, back in August. Right now, there's nothing there!

The past few days have been great. Energy has been relatively high and I started pre-production work on a play that I can hopefully still direct for May 2008 with our community theater. The company signed me to direct it last March or so, before cancer was known. They may be pinch-hitting for me at some of the early rehearsals, read-through, etc., depending upon how I'm doing.

Honestly, I love having a little something that can keep my mind and typing fingers busy. I'm using this as therapy for getting back to my job at Prudential, too. Right now, I can work for about 30-45 minutes at a clip and then get exhausted. Hopefully with more practice, I can get myself up to a full day. I really miss Prudential.

I've been eating more and more. I now try to eat by mouth at every meal, even though 90% of my food is still through my stomach tube. Today, I have eaten (by mouth) 1100 calories through lunch time, and taken none by feeding tube. It's exciting.

I am trying to get well, and getting myself back in order. It's hard and takes work, but I want to get well and get my life back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey im at my moms.. she got home a bit ago and told me about ur breakfast.. i was soooooo excited!!! and now lunch too!! u continue to amaze me! love u <3

Nancy Barber said...

Dave I am so happy for you that you're able to eat. It has got to be a great feeling!!! This is such great progress. It's really good for you that you're able to work at something you love to do. It may be 45 min. now but you'll be able to do more and more as you get stronger. By the summer, you'll be out in that Cobra at all the car shows having a great time. Can't wait to see you there.
Keep up the great work. You are defiantly an inspiration to everyone.
Love & Hugs.....Nancy

iheartchocolate said...

Sounds wonderful, so glad to hear this.

Happy Day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely news.
Nice to see the 'before' picture or just a picture of you, as I have never met you! (I would like to see a picture of your whole Team Dave.)
How is your voice doing? Any stronger?
Good thoughts for the chemo tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well and finally able to eat.
Nice to see a picture of you after all these years. I just found some pictures of you and Mike from back at Glouster Road. Where has all the time gone!!
Pray for you to make it through the next round of chemo, without any set-backs.
Alyson

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well and finally able to eat.
Nice to see a picture of you after all these years. I just found some pictures of you and Mike from back at Glouster Road. Where has all the time gone!!
Pray for you to make it through the next round of chemo, without any set-backs.
Alyson