Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Health Scare

OK, just as things are getting better something scarey happens. In the cornern of my neck/ear/jaw, I get this large painful swelling. I figure its an ear infection, because my counts are so low and my ears have been acting up.

So we go to my PCP who checks me out. She's not sure what it is. It's not a regular middle ear infection she says, more like a swimmer's ear, but I can bend the outside flap. She's not sure if maybe we have infllamed the lymph node and salivary gland that are there.

Inflamed? How? Are you just talking infection? Could this be another bought with lymph nodes and cancer. The good news is that the area is hot an painful to the touch which encourages the theory of infection. The bad news is that the word lymph node was used and my doctor said it's not looking like a regular ear infection.

We're doing antibiotoics for a week=10 days. I have an appointment today with my cancer doc Dougherty and Feb 6 with the guru Dr. Weinstein. It's a bit of a scare, but most likely just an infection. It's painful as hell too.

4 comments:

Nancy Barber said...

It's another bump in the road to recovery Dave. You've had alot of them but soon the road ahead will be clear.
With your counts low, it's more then likely that it's an infection.
Hopefully the meds will kick in within a couple of days and things will get better.
All I can say is hang in there. You've been through so much and things WILL get better.
Love & Hugs.Nancy

Anonymous said...

I hope it is something simple and goes away after some antibiotics.
So sorry you have had this scare and that you are in further pain.
Good thoughts always.

Unknown said...

Dave,
Just got mom's message you are at the hospital-just know there are many praying for you to make it through this, with great results!

iheartchocolate said...

I am so sorry you are having this problem. I hope it is nothing. Hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes