Monday, February 4, 2008

What a great day today was!

I had a very nice day today, which is great. I really need the boost before next week's adventure begins. What made it so nice? I'm not really sure, but it helped that I didn't get sick at all today.

My mom has been around and we've chatted here and there and my voice is definitely getting stronger. I puttered away on-line all day today trading emails with all sorts of friends all day, and I think at the end of the day all that social contact is really what made today so great.

Much better than a day of lying around on the couch watching sitcom reruns and letting the day drag by. My mom love seeing up and about instead of just vegetating at the couch.

To be honest, part of my computer work today is to start exercising my body for full days at work again. I need to get ready for office work again. While much of my day is spent or in meetings, a big part of my job is slugging away at the PC reviewing and preparing documents. Sometimes, it's long days of getting materials designed for presentations/meetings and updating project management tracking tools. I know it sounds dull to some, but I actually miss it. Today, I sort of felt like I was working from home. The productivity felt good!

Another nice thing that happened today is that the doctor who has been with me from the start of this journey, but had to move on now that the radiation phase is complete, gave me a call out of the blue just to hear how I was doing. What kind of doctor these days calls former patients to check on them? None of my current docs call me. Dr. Bar Ad is an amazingly caring person and my strong instincts about her were right on. She's tops. She gave me her number and told me to call her with updates and any questions at all. How lucky I am that a world-class doctor took such a personal interest in my case. She wants me cured and is proud of how I've come along.

Tonight, I'm looking forward to trying to have a little New England clam chowder for dinner. While I eat it, I'll be thinking of all the happy Giants fans who saw their team heroically beat Boston last night.

4 comments:

Nancy Barber said...

Dave I'm so happy that you had such a good day. Just think........pretty soon all of your days are going to be good days!!!!!
WOW.....You really have some doctor. As you said, there aren't many doctors that would call to see how things are going. I'm sure that she took such an interest in you because she saw what a very special guy you are.
Hope you enjoyed the new england clam tonight.
Hope you have a really great day again tomorrow............
Love & Hugs.....Nancy

WILLIAM said...

Were you wearing pants?

Anonymous said...

leave it to bill...

hey dave, thanks for stopping by the past couple of days... i just wanted to let you know that i'm really glad you decided to go through with your final treatment. i know what an immense sacrifice it is, but thank you for making it- i'm sure everyone who cares about you is thanking you as well. hang in there, you're in the homestretch!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Cheers to more good days.