Friday, October 5, 2007

I Feel Great

“Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.”

= Oscar Wilde

Last night, I had a vanilla malt milkshake. My nutritionist would love the calories. My dentist would warn me about cavities. Screw them both. It tasted good and I loved it. From there, things just got better. I had a decent sized dinner of chicken casserole and mac & cheese, and peaches. I housed the stuff and drank a bunch of water.


I haven't felt as nauseous or fatigued the last couple days now, and I'm hoping that I've battled through my initial round of chemo and will have a week or so before my radiation and next chemo dose hit me.

All I know is that today I feel like a human being again, and I love it! I drove out to WaWa and bought a turkey hoagie, Smartfood popcorn, and a Tollhouse ice cream sandwich for lunch today.

So, yeah, there are bad days . . . but there are good days, too. Days like today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a great day! They're the ones that get us through the other kind. I want to share a quote (and a scripture) with you, from my own adventure in illness. Visit here, if you're in the mood to go out visiting.

WILLIAM said...

There are plenty of good days ahead.

Anonymous said...

ATTA BOY. Mama

iheartchocolate said...

I am so glad you had a good one...More to come!

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

Gina Coggio said...

Woo-Hoo!!!!!

C. said...

Three cheers for the milk shake!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave
It's Nancy. Your mom and I had a very long talk last night.
I've been on the computer catching up with what's going on.
I just want you to know that I LOVE YOU and I'm praying for you. I'll be checking in every day. Alyson & Bill will be checking in with you also.Hang in there !! You WILL beat this!!

Anonymous said...

From Nancy

Hi Dave
Still reading. You are so strong. I really admire you so much.
Hope you had a good night
You're in my prayers and my heart..
Love You !!