Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back on the Sauce

It's come to this. I'm drinking again. Can you blame me with all I've been through?

No, not alcohol . . . yet. I have actually taken several sips, maybe even gulps of water now and swallowed them without trouble.

This is huge in my recovery and who knows. Soon I'll be eating.

My health has generally stabilized to usual chemo status, so I'm not great but almost functional. I'm still not really talking quite yet, and I have awful mouth sores right now. But tonight's drinking session is perhaps the sweetest one I've ever had.

Thanks for all your notes, prayers, cards and thoughts, everyone. Prayer and drive combine to produce results, baby!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Woo Hoo! Gratz. Awesome news. Little steps...litle steps, all in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

I read your last post but didn't comment. I just didn't know what to say. Some days are just so difficult during chemo. They are just pants.
It is good to know you are a wee bit better now.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope you are around all your family for Christmas. They always are the best Christmas's, no matter what.

Nancy Barber said...

Hi Dave
WOW!!!!! What great news.
This is a BIG step on the road to recovery.You're on your way!!
Keep up the great work!
Love & Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Swallowing is a wonderful thing that, thankfully, most of us never have to think about. I pray that before too long, you're drinking like a fish without giving it a second thought. (I've never said that to ANYONE before.)
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a New Year with nothing but good news. Be well.

El Grande said...

Great news!! Glad to hear you are drinking again. This is really good news. Slurp away...