Saturday, December 22, 2007

Year of the Cole


This evening, I had a few slurps of wonton soup broth, which technically counts as my first eating since September. It's a long way from a Tuscan steak with Brunello or Shelly's mom's stuffing but it's a first step. If my mouth sores would tame down, I'd be more daring. Right now, I'm happy with drinking and broth slurping.

The other cool thing is my car is back from the painter's and my father-in-law/friend/carbuilding guru master has nearly reassembled everything. In no time, I'll be street legal and giving everyone a new reason to pray for me not to die.

Here's a little pic of the car back from the painters, still under reconstruction.

8 comments:

El Grande said...

The car looks great (...its no "Shoppe"-mobile).

The broth news is even better. Let us know, and I am sure you will have plenty of steaks and bottles Brunello at your doorstep.

Nancy Barber said...

WOW!!! So happy to hear you had some broth.Before you know it you'll be eating all that great food that you love. Hate to see your food bill!!!!!
The car looks great. Expect to see you at the car shows in the spring.
Love & Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Broth is a good start!
Car looks very swish. I had a good laugh about new reason for praying for you!
Your car being back is a good enough present for Christmas I suppose!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever mentioned that I can drive a "stick" shift?

Anonymous said...

And I was worried! I love you..

Gale said...

Awesome car! Glad to hear you are doing better. Happy Holidays!

Nancy Barber said...

Hi Dave
Thinking about you so much.
Merry Christmas. Better days are on the way.
Said a special prayer for you tonight at church.
You'll be back on your feet before you know it.
Look to the future..........it's a bright one.
Love & Hugs, Nancy

WILLIAM said...

Definitley a Racer X car.