Thursday, December 27, 2007

Doing It


OK, I have had a good day today. After a couple of days of battling nausea, I've actually got some good sleep and am "eating" regularly. "Eating" being taking Ensure through my stomach tube.

I felt so good today that I decided to try more soup. So, chicken noodle it is. I had about a dozen spoons of broth and even tried to eat a noodle. I figured a noodle is slippery and should work. It took me several attempts and lots of water to get it down. It was kind of funny.

The good news is that my taste is starting to come back. I've tasted (only to spit out) a number of foods lately, stuffing, turkey (on Christmas), sugarplums, etc. I can taste more and more. Not perfectly, but some taste is there. I'll take it for now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Dave.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! From noodles to sugarplums. Very pedestrian/exotic!
Glad some taste and adventure is coming back.

Nancy Barber said...

Hi Dave
All I saw was the soup when I went on and let out a yell. I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!! What great, exciting news. I am so happy for you that your taste is starting to return. This is progress!!!!!!!!!! Things will just continue to get better. Your food bill will be out of sight soon!
Keep up the great work.
Love & Hugs, Nancy

WILLIAM said...

Soup is good food.

El Grande said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
El Grande said...

Next thing you know McNabb's Mom will be bringing you "Chunky's" soup!

I don't know which is better: The car picture or the soup picture.

Either way it is a great Holiday gift!

El Grande said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yay!! This is great progress!! ur car is gorgeous! and the soup is amazing ;)

love u
xo