Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still Battling

I'm still battling this tough spell. I can keep down a few cans of Ensure a day now, and am vomiting a lot less frequently and voluminously. Never thought I'd use that v word in a sentence.

My mouth and throat feel like hell, and I'm tired as hell right now. This battle is no fun, but I look at the incremental progress of being able to keep meds down without vomiting them instantly and taking some Ensure vs. none.

I've all but decided on no #6 chemo, and that means if I can tough it through this, I'm reallly through the treatment. In some way, that should make it easier to endure.

I love you all for your support. Keep praying. I'm needing those beams of good thought right now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm beaming, Scottie.

Anonymous said...

Hang on, Dave. I've been praying that you'll be given guidance in your decision-making. I'm sure you'll make a good choice. And I continue to pray for your complete return to health.

iheartchocolate said...

Dave,

My prayer for you:

Lord, I ask that you be with our brother, Dave. He is fighting cancer, as you know. I pray you will give him comfort and the ability to tolerate the treatment. Lord I pray for his complete healing. I pray you eliminate all the cancer in his body and never allow it to return. I pray you keep his spirits high. Please surround him with your Love and Mercy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Yari said...

Here's some beaming of good thoughts!! ***********

Yari said...

Here's some beaming of good thoughts!! ***********

Nancy Barber said...

Dave, sorry that you're having such a hard time with the treatments. Can only imagine what you've been going through.
There are so many people praying for your recovery. I know in my heart that it will happen.
Every minute of every day there are so many positive thoughts being sent your way by so many people.
Hang in there a little longer.
Better days are on the way!!!!!
Love & Hugs..Nancy

El Grande said...

Hang in there man. Beaming good thoughts from SoCal.

WILLIAM said...

Seriously if yo have El grande Beaming...I am going to use that for a long long long time. So for you to see me using Beaming against Elgrande...you need to stick around.

Nancy Barber said...

Thinking about you every day Dave and sending good, positive thoughts your way!!!
Love & Hugs.Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dave, my thoughts and prayers are still with you. I hope I can visit you soon when you are feeling better. Love you.

Anonymous said...

The comment above was from me Dave, Uncle Billy - hang in there!