Sunday, January 20, 2008

Turning the Corner












Well, I feel like I finally turned the corner on my recent bout of chemo hell. I'm not 100% by a long shot, but I feel better, am no longer constantly getting sick, and am getting much more food and water than earlier.

It reminds me of lines from the old Speed Racer theme song:

And when the odds are against him
And there's dangerous work to do
You bet your life Speed Racer will see it through

Like so many guys my age, I idolized Speed Racer way too much. Although, truth be told, I was always more of a Racer X fan. OK, enough nerdery for now.

I wanted to thank everyone for their well-wishing and beams/prayers/thoughts. It made the difference in a rough patch. Hopefully from here it's all up hill.

Soon maybe I'll eat again, be able to speak normally, and quit having to spit every 2 seconds into a bucket, but for now life is much better than it has been, and I'm grateful. Pretty much bald, but grateful.

Oh, and I was amused to see this trailer for a live action version of Speed Racer hitting screens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO2jcwgIi8o&feature=related

8 comments:

Nancy Barber said...

Dave so glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. This has been such a terrible thing for you to go through.
What matters now is that you came through it and every day will be better then the day before. Soon this will all be behind you and your life will be back to normal. After facing what you have, I'm sure that everything in your life will be even more special to you then it was before.
We all knew you could beat this thing.
WAY TO GO!!!!!
Love & Hugs.Nancy

Anonymous said...

I watched the trailer because of you.
I might take my godson, age 13, to it, buy popcorn and go to sleep. It is amazing how well I can sleep in the movie theatre during a car chase.

Glad to know you are not so sick now.

Anonymous said...

I have a sneaky suspicion that pretty soon, we will all call you "Speed Racer" for a different reason. In the mean time we will keep praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Dave, Andrea P works for a friend of mine and she shared your blog. So sorry to hear you have to go through this.....but you are a fighter...and always so determined...you will get thru it...remember, what the mind can beleive the mind can achieve!! Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
Marijoan

WILLIAM said...

Chim Chim/Will

Anonymous said...

Dave - I see it all now; the first warm, sunny day - Racer Dave and the new Mach 5 Cobra - cruisin'... Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Dave,

MJ passed along the news....Martin Luther KIng Jr. said 'The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." You are definitely being challenged here, but your spirit and strength, along with our prayers will carry you through.

Mark Maliszewski

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave....so glad to hear that you're feeling better....and you didn't even need to find the dime!.....was at a client meeting today with Gesualdi and Bonnie Teger....we all miss you, and can't wait to see you again....you're always in our hearts, our thoughts and our prayers....Janice